“A Texas Tribute to Daffodils”
Put on your new shoes; put on your gown (not necessary for men to wear gowns)! The Texas Daffodil Society is proud to announce that they will be hosting the American Daffodil Society 2020 National Convention in Dallas, TX on March 12 – 15, 2020. Our lodging and daffodil show will be held at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas – Campbell Center, Dallas, Texas.
Our convention hotel DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas – Campbell Center is stylish, inviting, and ideally situated within the dynamic Campbell Center office complex, in the heart of Dallas’ business district. This hotel is near SMU and University Park as well as many popular Dallas area attractions. Recently refreshed and designed for convenience and productivity, the hotel features an array of amenities and services including their signature warm DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie, presented to you upon arrival. This modern hotel is only 7 miles from DAL / Dallas Love Field Airport and 28 miles from DFW / Dallas/Fort Worth Airport.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas – Campbell Centre
8250 N. Central Expressway
Dallas, Texas, 75206-1888
Phone: (214) 706-0212
To make a reservation, call 214-706-0212 using Group Code: “NDC” or “2020 National Daffodil Convention”, or click on our convenient ONLINE RESERVATION Link.
- Room Rate is $129 for a king or two queens, plus taxes
- Rates guaranteed until February 10, 2020 or until block is sold out
- Take a free shuttle within a 3-mile radius of the hotel
- Parking spaces for cars in the self-parking facility
- Complimentary High-speed Internet access for our guests
Transportation to Hotel
Super Shuttle and Taxi are both available transportation from the Airport to the Hotel. Please consult the Maps & Directions Page on the Hotel website for approximate costs of transport.
If driving from the Airport or surrounding Dallas area:
From DAL / Dallas Love Field Airport (7 miles), Drive Time (15 minutes)
Exit airport to Mockingbird Lane East. Pass the Dallas Tollway and stay on Mockingbird Lane until Central Expressway (Highway 75), Turn left (north) onto Central Expressway (Highway 75) service road and travel North to Caruth Haven. Once you exit at Caruth Haven, the Doubletree Hotel Campbell Centre is to the right between 2 gold towers. (Transportation by Classic Shuttle, taxi or rental car)
From DFW / Dallas/Fort Worth Airport (26 miles), Drive Time (40 minutes)
Exit the North Airport onto 635 East. Take this to 75 South. Exit off 75 South at Caruth Haven and make a U-Turn onto the North bound service road of 75. The hotel will be immediately on your right hand side between the gold towers. (Transportation by Classic Shuttle, taxi or rental car)
From Downtown Dallas (6 miles)
Take Central Expressway (Highway 75) North. Exit Caruth Haven. Doubletree Hotel Campbell Centre will be located to your right between 2 gold towers
From North Dallas/Richardson (6 miles)
Take Central Expressway (Highway 75) South. Exit Caruth Haven and turn left. Doubletree Hotel Campbell Centre to the left between 2 gold towers
National Daffodil Show
The National Daffodil Show will include both daffodils in the Horticulture and Photography Divisions. Keith Kridler will chair the Daffodil Show, and he is already hard at work to make your experience enjoyable and unforgettable.
Sandra Nance and Annie Hibbs will co-chair the Photography portion of the Daffodil Show. For those of you who are unable to attend but want to enter the Photography Division, we will include information on where to mail photos as we near closer to the convention.
Schedule of Events
Thursday, March 12
- The morning begins with Judging School II
- Exec/Finance Committee Meeting
- Convention packet pick-up is OPEN
- Flower staging begins in the early afternoon and continues throughout the night. Photography entries will also be accepted during the afternoon and evening.
Friday, March 13
- Daffodil Show Staging during the early morning hours
- Daffodil Show Judging throughout the morning
- Daffodil Show will OPEN to the Public during the afternoon.
- Those not involved with Daffodil Show Judging, will be treated to an Optional Tour featuring the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, the 13th Presidential Library administered by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). With its state-of-the-art interactive exhibits, the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum located in Dallas, Texas gives visitors an in-depth look at eight years of American history, the American Presidency, and important issues of public policy.
- Tour the Presidential Library. The National Archives’ Presidential Libraries and Museums are repositories for textual, electronic, and audiovisual Presidential records as well as domestic and foreign Presidential gifts. Created or received throughout the Bush Administration, the records at the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum serve as a resource for the study of American history and government, the Presidency, and important issues of public policy. The Library also holds more than 80 terabytes of electronic records, including over 200 million emails, and audiovisual materials, including over 4 million photographs.
- Tour the Native Texas Park: A 15 acre urban park on the grounds of the Bush Center. The Native Texas Park is open year round and reflects President and Mrs. Bush’s love of the native Texas landscape. Visitors can explore native Texas environments such as Blackland Prairie, Post Oak Savannah, and Cross Timbers Forest.
Indigenous limestone is visible throughout the Texas landscape as the unifying material for both the building and the park, including the Carolyn and David Miller Amphitheater, providing a perfect place to pause and enjoy the urban oasis in any season.
- Outgoing Board Meeting
- The Board Meeting will be followed by a social reception/cash bar, dinner, and General Membership Meeting. The evening is capped off by the Show Awards presentations!
- Our Friday evening Banquet speaker will be Jenny Wegley from the The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden. She will address the highlights our guests will see when they visit the Arboretum Saturday, March 14, 2020.
Saturday, March 14
- Educational Presentations
- Tour of the The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden, a 66-acre botanical garden located at 8525 Garland Road in East Dallas, Dallas, Texas, on the southeastern shore of White Rock Lake. The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden was founded upon the dreams of a few visionaries with a passion for preserving both history and nature. Though the gardens themselves are comparatively young, the work that went into creating the current gardens began long ago. The Arboretum has been listed among the top arboretums in the world. They also have ground-breaking horticultural research conducted in their Trial Gardens which continues to contribute to an important body of knowledge, both regionally and nationally.
- Upon return to the hotel, the bar will open and the ADS Bulb Auction will begin! Janet Hickman is coordinating this wonderful fundraiser for the ADS, featuring bulbs from far and wide. Plan to participate and pick up some beautiful new bulbs. Or just come and watch the fun! The cash bar will be open throughout the auction and reception, followed by dinner.
Sunday, March 15
- RVP/RD Breakfast Meeting
- Judges Refresher Session
- Tour of the The Fort Worth Botanic Garden. This botanical garden is located at 3220 Botanic Garden Boulevard, Fort Worth, Texas. The garden was established in 1934 and is the oldest botanic garden in Texas, with 2,501 species of native and exotic plants in its 21 specialty gardens.
- While returning to the hotel, the Incoming Board will have its meeting on a designated “Board Meeting Bus”.
Additional information will be added to this page as we near closer to the convention next Spring. We look forward to seeing you in Texas for the 2020 ADS National Convention. Get your reservations in early!
Madison Clark, tdsmclark :At; gmail :dot; com
2020 National Convention Chair