See dates for ADS Judges Schools and for ADS Judges Refreshers under the link titled ADS Judging Schools under the News & Events.
The American Daffodil Society recognizes four types of judges:
- Student Judge (ASJ) – a person who has taken at least one point scoring class of three Judging Schools and is not fully accredited.
- Accredited Judge (AJ) – has met all requirements for accreditation and is authorized to judge any class in an ADS show.
- Approved Judging School Instructor (AJI) – an Accredited Judge who has met all the requirements to become a school instructor and is authorized to teach at both ADS judging schools and at judges’ refresher courses.
- Accredited Consulting Judge (ACJ)- a former Accredited Judge who has been an ADS Accredited Judge for a minimum of ten years, and has favorable recommendations from three currently ADS Accredited Judges.
- An Accredited Judge Retired (AJR) – a former Accredited Judge who, for various reasons, does not wish to continue judging.
ADS Judges Schools
Judging schools are normally held in early to mid spring when there are fresh flowers to use for instruction. There are three schools to complete along with other criteria in order to become an ADS Accredited Judge. These schools do not need to be taken sequentially however if you do take the schools sequentially it might be easier for you.
Below are forms for ADS student judges to complete and return to the Chairman of the ADS Judging Schools:
ADS Judges Refresher
ADS Judges and Refresher Courses are given at national, regional and local daffodil societies. A refresher course is an opportunity to bring in ADS judges who have not had any contact or review of the current rules or procedure changes. Our ADS judges deserve a true informational meeting to improve their judging experience.
Below is the Judges Refresher Attendance Roster, in two types of files formats. This roster must be completed and sent to the ADS Judges’ Credentials and Refreshers Chair and the ADS Executive Director for each Refresher Course.