The American Daffodil Society recognizes five types of judges:
- the Student Judge – a person who has taken at least one point scoring class of three Judging Schools and is not fully accredited.
- the Novice Judge – follows an alternative root by attending one school and meeting other requirements and is not fully accredited.
- the Accredited Judge- has met all requirements for accreditation and is authorized to judge any class in an ADS show.
- the Approved Judging School Instructor – an Accredited Judge who has met all the requirements to become a school instructor and is authorized to teach at both ADS judging schools and at judges’ refresher courses.
- the Accredited Judge Retired – is an Accredited Judge who, for personal reasons, does not wish to continue judging.
Below are forms for ADS student judges to complete and return to the Chairman of the ADS Judging Schools:
ADS Judges Refresher Courses
ADS Judges Refresher Courses are given at national, regional and local daffodil societies. Below are suggested steps to follow if you plan to coordinate a Judges Refresher Course:
- Contact the Judges Credential Chair and request a list of judges of all statuses in your region.
- Discuss the subject and content of the judges refresher you are hosting with the Judges Credential Chair.
- At the venue, have each person attending the judges refresher for credit, to sign-in on the roster and collect the course fees.
- Send the completed roster to the Judges Credential Chair
- Send the Executive Director the collected fees.
Below is the Judges Refresher Roster form, in two types of files: