2015 Fall Board of Directors Meeting – October 2-4, Bloomington, MN
The 2015 Fall Board Meeting (FBM) for 2015 is going to be a very special and important meeting. We will run a workshop to examine, discuss and develop a 10 year (ten year) plan for the future direction of the American Daffodil Society. If you want to have a say in the future of the ADS you need to be present to voice your opinions, wishes and desires for our society.
The majority of our membership sees us only through The Daffodil Journal, and only a fraction of our members attend annual conventions or the fall board meetings. We need to determine what our members want and need, and be proactive in building the American Daffodil Society. We hope you will put the 2015 ADS Fall Board Meeting on your calendar and make every effort to attend.
The ADS will hold its 2015 Fall Board Meeting at the Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington Hotel, which is situated in the thriving Minneapolis suburb of Bloomington, MN.
Our hotel offers easy access to nearby shopping, dining and entertainment, a complimentary (FREE) shuttle service to nearby Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport (MSP) as well as transportation to the Mall of America, Southdale Shopping Center, Galleria of Edina, 50th & France Shopping area, Southtown Shopping area, and numerous multi-star restaurants along the Bloomington Strip.
Minnesota has NO SALES TAX on clothing, so plan an extra day for wardrobe updating!
The Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington Hotel is working to set up a direct link for room reservations from their website, the Group Code is: ADS. We will publish the direct reservation link when it is available.
The following Room Rates (plus tax) will be available;
- 1 – 2 persons per room $99 –includes full hot breakfast
- 3 persons per room $104—includes full hot breakfast
- 4 persons per room $109—includes full hot breakfast
Schedule of Events
We have an exciting line-up of activities planned for our 2015 Fall Board Meeting;
- ADS Executive Committee meetings Friday afternoon at the Hotel.
- Denis Dailey Daffodil Memorabilia Sales Table at Registration Table at Hotel.
- Our Bulb Auction will occur on Friday evening before dinner at the Hotel.
- Our Friday evening Dinner Speaker will be provided by the Daffodil Society of Minnesota.
- Saturday strategic planning session, including lunch, will be at the Hotel.
- Saturday evening we have scheduled a sunset dinner cruise of Lake Minnetonka.
- We also have an (optional) Sunday bus tour through the historic Minnesota River Valley to the Linnaeus Botanical Garden in St. Peter, MN, with lunch at Suzette’s (French cuisine), and a fun time at Bob’s Apple Farm (home of the largest candy and soda pop inventory you have ever seen).
- If there is enough interest, a separate optional tour to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, with the Andersen Horticultural Library, can be scheduled for either Friday morning or Monday (all day).