We invite you to visit California in 2017 to attend the National Daffodil Convention at Sacramento from March 10 – 12. Enjoy a beautiful daffodil show, featuring miniature and tazetta daffodils, visit with featured educational speakers and enjoy a spectacular outing to the Gold Country.
Our Convention hotel, the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, is a full-service, environmentally friendly hotel, centrally located to all of the exciting Sacramento, CA attractions. Our hotel is within walking distance to Cal Expo, The California State Fair, and the region’s largest shopping mall, Arden Fair Mall featuring over 165 specialty stores including Macy’s, Nordstrom and more. Conveniently located off Business 80, the hotel is just five minutes from downtown Sacramento, the State Capitol, Sacramento Convention Center, Golden 1 Center Arena and Old Sacramento. Hop on their complimentary three-mile radius shuttle to explore the surrounding area or if you prefer to drive yourself, you can be sure that we provide convenient, ample hotel parking.
Hotel Reservations | Transportation Options | Registration Form |
Daffodil Show Schedule | Schedule of Events | Post Convention Tour
Make your hotel reservation today
DOUBLETREE BY HILTON HOTEL SACRAMENTO – ADS
2001 Point West Way
Sacramento, California 95815, United States
Phone: 916 929-8855
The link above will take you directly to the hotel’s ADS reservation page.
If you call the hotel for reservations, use a group code of “DAF”
for the special room rate of $109.
Our block of rooms have been reserved for March 8, 2017 – March 13, 2017.
The special room rate will be available until February 22nd or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.
Car rentals are available from the Sacramento International Airport (SMF), as well as, Bus Service, Limousine, Super Shuttle, and Taxi. Use our ADS Discount when referencing this SuperShuttle and ExecuCar Flyer for shuttle reservations from the Sacramento Airport (SMF) to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento.
Convention Registration Form
This event is complete and no longer accepting Registration Forms.
National Daffodil Show Schedule for 2017
2017 Daffodil Show and Convention Events Timeline
Thursday, March 9th
- 8:00am – 5:30pm – ADS Judging School II – Redwood Room
- 2:00pm – 9:30pm – Registration is Open – California Foyer
- 2:00pm – 12:00am – Staging for Daffodil Show- Salon 1 Calif
- 3:30pm – 5:00pm – Executive & Finance Committee meeting- Parlor
- 2:00pm – 9:00pm – Photography Entries Accepted – Salon 4 Calif
Friday, March 10th
- 0-9:00am – Daffodil Staging during early morning before Show Judging begins – Salon 1 Calif
- 8:00am – 9:30am -Registration is Open – California Foyer
- 9:30am – 10:00 – Judges Instructions – Redwood Room
- 9:30am – 10:00 – Stewards Instructions – Photography Area
- 9:45am – 2pm – Optional tour of “Old Town Sacramento” – Lobby
- 10am – 12:30pm – Judging of Daffodil Show -Salon, 2, 3, 4 Calif
- 12:30pm – 2:00pm – Judges and Stewards Lunch – Redwood Room
- 1:00pm – 5:00 – Daffodil Show Open to the Public Salon 2, 3, 4, Calif
- 3:30pm – 5:00pm – Outgoing Board Meeting – Redwood Room
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm – Social Hour – Capital Foyer
- 7:00pm – 8:00pm – Dinner – Capital Salons
- 8:00pm – Awards – Presentation – Capital Salons
- 9:00pm – ADS General Meeting – Capital Salons
Saturday, March 11th
- 8am – 9am – “What’s up with the daffodil world?” Panel Breakfast, Capital Salon
- 10:00am – 4:00pm – Daffodil Show Open to Public -Salon 2, 3, 4, Calif
- 9:15am – 10:15am – “Chasing the Wild Daffodil”, Steve Hampson – Garden/Terrace
- 10:30am – 11:30am – “Green Leaders”, Bob Spotts – Garden/Terrace
- 11:45am – 12:45pm – Lunch at Hotel – Capital Salon
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm – “Mysteries of DaffLibrary”, Lynn Slackman with special guest Fredrica Lawlor – Garden/Terrace
- 2:15pm – 3:15pm – “New Directions for Breeding Miniature Daffodils”, Harold Koopowitz Note: This session is the ADS Judges Refresher at the 2017 National Convention. – Garden/Terrace
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm – Tear down show – Salon 2, 3, 4 California
- 5:15pm – 7:00pm – ADS Bulb Auction – Capital Salon
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm – Social Hour – Capital Foyer
- 7:00pm – 8:00pm – Dinner – Captial Salon
- 8:00pm – 9:00pm – Keynote Speaker, Elise Havens with “87 years–A Family Daffodil Business” Capital Salon
Sunday, March 12th
- 8:00am – 9:00am “Breakfast with Friends” – Salon 4 California
- 9:30am – 10:30am “ADS Internet Improvements” Ben Blake & Nancy Tackett, Salon 4 California
- 11:15am – Board buses and Leave for Coloma- California Foyer
- 12:45pm – Box Lunch at Marshall Gold Discovery State Park and Pan for Gold in the American River
- 3:30pm – Buses leave for hotel
- 4:00pm – Buses arrive back at hotel
- 4:45pm – 5:30pm – Incoming Board Meeting after return to hotel – Salon 4 California
- 6:00pm – 7:00 pm – Social Hour – Foyer, California
- 7:00pm – 8:00 pm – Dinner – Salon 4, California
- 8:00pm – 9:00pm “Remember When”, Richard Ezell – Salon 4, Calif
- 9:00pm – “Invitation to 2018”, Susan Basham and Becky Fox Matthews – Salon 4, California
- 9:15pm – “Invitation to 2017 Fall Board Meeting” Fredrica Lawlor
Monday, March 13th – this tour has been cancelled as could not meet the 25 people minimum number.
The 2017 National Convention is an opportunity to enjoy daffodils without affecting your regional daffodil show season, and a chance for a post-convention vacation to revisit Murphys, Ironstone Vineyards– which is only a two hour drive away – and stay for an extra weekend to enjoy the Mother Lode Show at Ironstone in Murphys, and attend a dinner celebrating the Mother Lode Show.
Ironstone Vineyards is a family-owned and operated winery that places nearly as much emphasis on the natural beauty and history of its surroundings as it does on the quality of its wines. Located in Murphys, in the heart of the Sierra Foothills in California’s scenic Gold Rush Country, Ironstone is a state-of-the-art wine production facility.
Enjoy the private walking tour of the Ironstone facility, led by an experienced Ironstone staff member, which includes:
- the Heritage Museum and Jewelry Shoppe where the 44-pound crystalline gold nugget is on display;
- the outdoor amphitheater;
- the beautiful ADS Daffodil Display Garden;
- the 400-foot long arbor and covered bridge;
- the Wine Caves and Breezeway;
- the awesome Culinary Center where the demo kitchen is located;
- the Music Room housing the fully restored Alhambra Theatre Organ.
At the conclusion of this fabulous tour, in the Culinary Center/Music Room you will experience a private wine tasting of six of the winery’s varietals, each paired with a specially prepared canapé. To make your event even more enjoyable, you finish with a delicious luncheon.
The Tour requires 25 or more attendees and the cost is $75 all inclusive. On Monday, March 13, the tour bus leaves from the DoubleTree Hotel in the early morning and returns in the late afternoon. Sign-up using the Convention Registration Form. Information about this tour is also available from this Ironstone Vineyards Tour PDF document.
We hope to see you in Sacramento!